12.13.2006

Wherein I conclude that three in diapers might not be such a bad thing, after all

Don't get me wrong, I'm still very much looking forward to the completion of potty training. We're working on it... slowly... We got a little derailed by wisdom teeth and holidays, but we're still working on it, and I have high hopes for getting the boys out of diapers once and for all---sometime after Christmas, and my last remaining wisdom tooth, and their birthday.

In the mean time, though, I have a lot of diapers to change, and I've found a way to make it a moderately pleasant experience for everyone.

See, all of my wuggies have always liked sticking their hands inside their dirty diapers as I change them. (Or, for that matter, when I dress them in elastic-waisted pants without onesies, but that's another story for another day...) Anyway, when they were smaller, it wasn't such a big deal. I can easily overpower a 7 lb. infant. I can also overpower a big, strapping toddler, but with a little less ease, and a LOT more mess. And avoiding a mess was the whole point.

Anyway, now diaper changes in Wuggyville are a family affair. While I change each child's diaper, the other two wuggies stand on either side of the changee, and hold his or her hands. Everyone smiles tenderly at one another, it's all very sweet and touching... and by the time the changee realizes what's going on and reaches down to wreak havoc, whoops, the dirty diaper's all gone, and we're done.

Works like a dream.

=)

4 comments:

Suz said...

I love it and will remember for the future!

Anonymous said...

I love it... handcuffs made of sweet sibling memories...

How long until your intelligent little sleuths figure out the pattern? Maybe it will take exactly as long as the potty training... :-)

Elena said...

=)

Anonymous said...

Why must they all do that?! Obsession with excrement!.. yech!