11.06.2005

The trouble with being in possession of a girl-child of astonishing beauty...

...is that people think you're absolutely nuts.

I suppose I should preface this tale by explaining that although most people carry their children in some contraption or other, on those rare occasions when I only have one of mine with me, I prefer to simply carry her in my arms. It's just cozier and more personal that way, and since one-on-one time is hard to come by, that's an important consideration for me.

At any rate, September and I stopped at the farmers market in Brea yesterday, much to the delight of the extraordinarily baby-hungry herb merchants. I fantasized about having an herb garden, and the herb lady fantasized about having more babies, we both determined that now would be entirely the wrong time for such a project, and September and I trotted off to smell the orchids a few stands over.

As I lifted my little girl up to sniff the pretty flowers, almost as pretty as herself, the grandmotherly orchid-grower examined us closely with a very perplexed look on her face.

Suddenly she burst into delight.

"Oh! Your baby... she's real!"

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I have loved reading your blog. I'm a twin mama, too.

I especially love and laughed heartily when I read your short posts about the skein and orange juice. I've definitely btdt!

BTW, I'm mom2smack.blogspot.com