1.16.2018

Birthday Donuts

The twins' birthday happened to fall the day before grocery day, so I had to get a little bit creative for their birthday breakfast. I didn't have the ingredients for any of the recipes I looked up, but I found lots of inspiration from all over the world, and made up my own drop-donut recipe based the ingredients I had on hand. I must say I'm very proud of how they turned out, and will definitely be making them this way again!


Orange Spice Potato Puffs

1 potato, peeled, boiled, and mashed
1 egg
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 drop food grade orange oil or 1tsp orange zest
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 cup coconut flakes

Mash together potato, egg, vinegar, and orange oil/zest. Combine dry ingredients and add to potato mixture.

Drop spoonfuls of batter into hot fat and fry until golden brown. Roll in cinnamon sugar.






No comments: