9.16.2004

Feeding on the Word

The other day as I was reading up for my philosophy of music class, I heard Natebug scrunching up some paper. He had gotten into one of the phone books again. Since we live in SoCal, and thus have a bakers dozen mostly-overlapping-but-not-quite-interchangeable phone books always on hand, I wasn't too worried. Nevertheless, the nutritional content of the yellow pages is rather low, and babies don't really need that much fiber anyway, so I intervened once I saw that he had actually dislodged a page.

That's when I discovered that it wasn't a phone book at all, but that Mr. Meeper was engaged in an in-depth Bible Study, pulling apart chapters 7 and 8 of Revelation.

I feel very proud for having instilled in him a love of Scripture at such a young age. I'm a little worried though. What is the proper interperetation of Rev. 22:19?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hermeneutically speaking, I suppose it would have been better had he chosen a different book of Scripture, since probably John only intende his warning to apply to that specific book.

Thy words were found and I did eat them....

mom

Elena said...

Wasn't it Isaiah that ate the scroll though, not Nathan?

Elena said...

They were sweet as honey, but after I did eat them, my stomach turned sour.

slowlane said...

At least he escaped the torment of "gnashing teeth."