9.12.2007

WFMW: Brown Jasmine Rice

We're addicted around here.

Sure it costs a bit more than regular rice, or even regular brown rice. Okay, several times more.

But oh, the flavor! Oh, the texture! It's worth every penny.

And you know what? I think it actually saves us money. Because rice--even super-yummy specialty rice--is still one of the cheapest ways to eat. And we eat a lot more rice now.

When you can't think of anything you'd rather munch on than a bowl of leftover brown rice... well, you know you're onto something good!

Works for me!

6 comments:

Ann Kroeker said...

Mmmmmm....

We buy bags of it at Trader Joe's. Can't remember how much it costs, but I don't remember thinking it was overpriced.

As you said, though, who cares? It's so delicious is well worth the price tag.

I'm going to make some tonight!

Sylvia said...

I think the previous comment answered my question, which was, "where do you buy it?" I have seen Jasmine Rice, but not Brown Jasmine Rice. No one at our house likes to eat leftover rice, and some would prefer white rice to brown, anyway... But I'll take a look at Trader Joe's.

Elena said...

We don't have Trader Joe's here in Texas. =(

But they have it at Kroger.

Nobody at our house ate leftover rice until now, either. =)

Melissa said...

i've been wanting to incorporate brown rice into our date but hate that "regular" stuff...i shall have to go to tj's and check it out! thanks soo much for the tip!

Jill said...

I love it too! Unfortunately I never remember to make it early enough before I am fixing the other stuff, so I end up having white rice because it is quicker. I have thought about making bunches of it, and freezing it. Then it is always on hand. Have you tried that?
By the way, i buy mine at Whole Foods in their bulk bins. It's cheaper that way.

Zen Master said...

I love rice and I've looked at this type at the store and never bought.

I will try it because you say it's worth it. LOL