11.19.2008

Confused

So let me get this straight. The world leaders got together last week to discuss the global financial crisis, and to establish a spiffy new international bureaucracy to keep an eye on things, so that they won't be blindsided again. Because all this was so very, very shocking. Nobody saw it coming. Did I mention that it's shocking?

Fine.

But then how is it that several years ago, several different people--ordinary people, not privy to any sort of special information, just ordinary statistics about mortgage rates and such things--explained to me that we were on a collision course for global economic meltdown in 2008?

I'm confused.

2 comments:

Rachel M. said...

No kidding! Even I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, and I'm sure not an expert. I'm bewildered by how surprised everyone seems.

Terynn said...

If it won't work in my little microcosm, then how will it work with Wall Street?

Can't spend more than you have---for long, that is.

Not rocket science at all. Econ. 101.