Time is money, and when you're short on both, sometimes there are a few big ticket items that you can't afford
not to invest in. For us, a
Baby Bjorn
was one of those things. It is simply the best baby carrier out there. Other carriers are useful--a good compromise for when you want to be cuddling your baby but need to be vacuuming. But there's no compromise necessary with the Baby Bjorn, it cuddles baby up to your chest just the way your arms would, at the perfect height for eye contact and interaction. Unlike other models with their plethora of confusing straps and buckles, it is quite simple to take on and off. And as an extra bonus, I can wander about a crowded grocery store without anyone noticing that I'm nursing.
The difference is in the details--but for something that you're going to use this much, the details matter. It is a delight to use, which means it actually gets used... and much more of the vacuuming gets done.
And the beautifully balanced design is inspiring, a sort of tactile image of the way a well-run household ought to work.
It's a bit pricey... but it's more than paid for itself in meals that we didn't have to get at McDonalds, because Mama's got things under control.
2 comments:
We were given Snugli's at our baby shower and I thought they were just fine (especially because they were significantly cheaper than a Baby Bjorn) but then I tried someone else's Baby Bjorn and I must say the Baby Bjorn is by far and away the best. It's like the difference between a Chevy and a Porsche. Both will get you there but one is so much more comfortable.
Yeah. We had snuglis with the twins, and they worked just fine. No complaints there. (I forgot who I'd lent them to, though, when September came around...)
But while I could use the snugli, I really only did when I absolutely had to. The Baby Bjorn, on the other hand is just plain FUN.
And anything that motivates me to plunge into that big pile of dishes is a very good thing! =)
Post a Comment