1.26.2006

Four

And no, this is not an announcement. =)

I contemplated waiting for four tags, but I think I'll be nice and settle for the square root of four. =) So, Rachel and Lauren, here they are...

Four Jobs I've Had

1. Flute teacher
2. English tutor
3. Coordinator for Andy's summer math academy

and of course, last, but not least,

4. My current position as Shaper of Souls, Changer of Diapers.


Four Places I've Lived

1. Supai, Arizona. One of the most beautiful spots on earth, a little village tucked away inside the Grand Canyon. A lush oasis in an austere desert, waterfalls of a delicate magnificence, towering walls glowing in the sun, hemming in the bluest of skies...
2. Cottonwood, Arizona. Because what Supai has in beauty, it lacks in things like, well, grocery stores. My childhood was split between these two places, two weeks here, a month there.
3. La Mirada, CA, where I attended Biola University and the Torrey Honors Institute.
4. And here we are in Anaheim, right where the 91 meets the 57. Freeway interchanges are one of the few truly beautiful things in Los Angeles. As long as their moving, that is.

Four Vacations I've Taken

1. I have vague (but fond) recollections of camping on a rocky beach in Oregon, where the air was filled with salt and sea gulls, and they had a wonderful childrens program, featuring Scott O'Dell readings. I'm not exactly sure if there was a geographical relationship between that particular location and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0440439884/sr=1-1/qid=1138296734/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-5014156-4500102?%5Fencoding=UTF8, but I do know that I earned a very spiffy badge for filling a certain number of trash bags on my de-littering expeditions. I also seem to remember watching Haley's Comet from under a crowded canopy... but I suspect my memory might be combining several camping trips into one. The dates don't quite line up, and besides, who would watch a comet from under a canopy? (Unless it was raining.... hardly ever rains in Oregon...)

2. I remember going up to Grandma and Grandpa's little cottage by The Lake, and floating peacefully in an inner tube with my mother.

3. There was a dear sweet lady, a friend of Wycliffe, who owned two amazing beach-front condominiums in beautiful San Clemente. She lived in one, and rented the other out to weary missionary families for the price of $100/wk. This is what comes to mind when I think of utter tranquility.

4. For our first anniversary, Andy and I spent a weekend at an adorable little historic port town in Oregon. Unfortuantely I don't remember either the name of the town, or its historic significance apart from being the home of an exceedingly eccentric merchant with a magnificent house, but we had a wonderful time.

Four Vehicles I've Owned

1. '91 Toyota Tercel, given us by Andy's parents. An amazing little vehicle. I'm pretty sure we have the oldest vehicle among our circle of friends, and the most reliable.
2. The doopah-mobile is a blessing straight from the hand of God. I think its new name is Chewbacca, though, since that's who it sounds like when it asks for more power-steering fluid. Which is often. I tell you, this vehicle is thirstier than a nursing mom.
3. twin stroller. And yes, it actually does fit through most doorways. Usually. At any rate, it navigates corners and curbs, which is more than you can say for most tandems. Do be cautious on the curbs though, especially when moving the seats to the upright position. The center of gravity changes considerably. Not that I'd have any way of knowing this...
4. Ummm.... my sons have a number of trucks. Does that count?

Four Bloggers I'd like to Tag

1. Becka
2. Emily
3. Lauren M.
4. Sarah

(Not that I don't know most of these things about you, sis... but you really do need to update your blog more often. Love you!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're mixing vacations. The one you are remembering was I think at McGrath State beach, near Oxnard, CA. Perhaps in view of the Island of the Blue Dolphins...

We did camp in Oregon on the beach when you were a lot littler.

From one who should know because she was there and helped plan the trip...