4.18.2009

Onward Christian Soldiers

"Hey Mom, wher're we goin' today?"

"Well, I was thinking of taking you guys to the Salvation Army store."

"Do they sell guns there?"

"Um... no."

"Why don't they sell guns there?"

"I don't know. Maybe they do. I've never checked. They sell a lot of different things."

"Oh, so do they just sell swords and spears and bows and arrows, like in the Bible?"

"I don't think so. They just sell clothes and furniture and stuff."

"Oh, okay, so they have soldier boots there? Is that why it's called Salvation Army?"

2 comments:

Aicats said...

I sympathize with your child. My first memory of Salvation Army was going to some dinner (fundrasing, I think...or it might have been for the homeless and we were there to serve...), and I could not, for the life of me, make sense of what any of this had to do with an Army.... =)

Wayne Leman said...

My Elena wanted me to read this to her, so I did. We both enjoyed it.

We learn so much from our children and grandchildren.