4.17.2006

My Secret Weapon

Dishsoap.

I knew I was running low. But I was smack dab in the middle of scrubbing the kitchen floor when I completely and utterly ran out of all-purpose cleaner.

So I had to make do with what I had, and what I had was dishsoap. I just filled the now-empty spray bottle with water, and added a blop of dishsoap.

It worked so much better. Everything came right up. And when I went to clean the stove-top... oh, it was a breeze!

Dirt cheap. Safe to spray when babies are in the room. Keep out of reach of toddlers... but only because you don't want them to think it's okay to play with bottles of cleaning chemicals.

And it works just beautifully!

4 comments:

Jess said...

sweet! thanks for sharing!

Matthew said...

Hmmm.... Is it still a secret weapon when you paste it on your blog for all the world to read?

Elena said...

I guess not. But it's still pretty cool.

Ashley said...

That's what I use for cleaning our floors. I just never got around to buying floor cleaner once we moved and soapy water seems to work great.