4.30.2006

You'd think I'd learn...

Every time I put in a load of laundry--which is to say, often--I get out the Zout and spray all the stains on Andy's pants. There are lots and lots of them. To look at his pants you'd think he was a mechanic, or at the very least, a construction worker. Math teachers have absolutely no excuse for getting their Dickies THAT dirty.

But the fact is, Andy is not just a math teacher, he's also a daddy. And the minute he walks in the door, four grubby little boy-hands are all over him. Apparently an evening spent wrangling two rambunctious little boys is approximately as hard on the pants as eight hours in the shop working on greasy cars.

Every time I put in a load of laundry--which is to say, often--I am utterly astonished at the number of stains on each pair of pants. I'm astonished when I first cast my eye over them as I pull them out of the laundry pile in the first place, and begin to spray. But I become more and more astonished as I go on.

It doesn't ever end.

The stains just go on and on.

Everytime I think I'm finally done, I see five more stains that I hadn't noticed before. And when I'm done treating those ones... there's five more.

It doesn't stop.

It just goes on and on and on....

....until finally, I realize that I'm spraying down all the spots that are damp with stain remover.

This happens every time I do laundry.

Which is to say, often.

You'd think I'd learn by now.

1 comment:

ClimbingTowardtheSun said...

I've SO BEEN THERE!! lol!!! :)