5.11.2007

I held the book out, sighed, and motioned for September to come sit on my lap. She was busy playing, and took no notice of me. Nathan gleefully leaped into my lap.

"My turn! My turn!"

I frowned a little, rubbing my neck. I wanted to read yet another book to Nathan, but his sister really did need a turn, and I wasn't really up to much more. I was in a lot of pain.

Nathan hopped up and announced "Mama's back hurts."

Dadders and I nodded.

Then, Nathan came back and stood beside me, placing his hand gently on my shoulder. He looked earnestly into my eyes, and tenderly said, "You need to go to the doctor."

And then he let out a long sigh, filled with all the empathy and support in the world.

That's my boy. That's my boy.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

AW! I think that is so cute, you can say "Auntie gwen says that is cute"