2.28.2008

Tuck me in.

"Owie. Owie. Owie."

Concerned, I pad out to see what could be troubling Isaiah so at 3:30 in the morning, but he doesn't appear to be in agony.

Instead, I find him sprawled on his belly in the doorway of his bedroom, chin resting on his hands, feet kicking in the air. The classic image of mid-afternoon boredom, not night-time distress.

"Tuck me in."

I look for his blanket, tossed off rather forcefully to all appearances, while Isaiah makes his way over to his bed.

"I need a book."

I hand him The Three Little Pigs.

"No, not that one. I need Mike Mulligan."

He holds the big red book up high while I arrange his blankets around him.

Instantly, he curls up, arms around his book, and is asleep before I am done kissing him.

2 comments:

DKG&Z said...

Moments like these are those that i treasure the most. They most certainly make up for having to get up at 3am to experience them.

Blessings,

Douglas, Karen and Boys,

P.S. congrats on the new addition and i dont mean the house. We are so happy for you guys. 4 wuggies, i can hardly image that much joy and life in one room.

Yaakov Gelobter said...

My son, Yehoshua is now a 7 year old scholar, who makes us proud, After a year, we all agree that the match between our child and this small school is perfect, and that he is advancing in ways that wouldn't have been possible at the local school. I am so grateful for the desire of children. International motivational coach, Les Brown has Said, “We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives.” He has nothing on my son Yehoshua, to whom his vision of the world is the world. My 7 year old son is my mentor. READ MORE

See how much you know about parenting by taking this QUIZ sponsored by Parentricity.com