5.26.2006

The Fog

As a birthday gift, Andy took the kids to the zoo so I could compose. And here I am trying to find excuses to distract myself.

It's the same experience that Andy talks about with Geometry, I think. Staring into the utter chaos of the unknown and willing your mind to move forward.

Step

by step.

note

by note.

chord

by recalcitrant chord.

It's hard. It hurts. It's exhausting.

Above all, it's terrifying.

Because if I push through the fog and darkness, there will be music.

And I'm so afraid that my soul will burst with the exhiliration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what happened to the pictures that were up a while ago? i told someone to look at the one of Nathan from under the door, but it was gone!

your mom

Elena said...

They should oughter be in the archives.

Elena said...

http://thewuggychronicles.blogspot.com/2006/05/his-tantrum-had-quieted-down-so-i-went.html

You can paste that into your browser.