5.04.2006

I think he loves me.

Mind if I brag a bit?

I have the best husband in the world.

No, really. Now, I know what you’re thinking, but you’re wrong. Yours can be the second best, but mine really is the best husband in the world.

Seriously.

Yesterday I was sick. Really sick. Sick enough I needed to head out to the urgent care center as soon as Andy got home from work, and too sick to drive myself there.

My wonderful, wonderful husband transferred all the carseats and baby gear from my gas guzzling van to his efficient little Tercel so we’d save on gas. He got everybody into socks and shoes while I sat in a hot bath and prayed for the pain to go away.

He drove us to Little Caesars. Redundant, I know, but where else can you feed a family of five for $7.50?

He watched all three kids while I waited to see the doctor. Without anything with which to feed the Tembo.

When I finally came out, I didn’t even have to call him, because he was right there in the parking light, with his hazard lights on. I’m not sure if the hazards were Andy’s idea or the boys’, but in any case, it sure made it easy to find them.

I wondered if they’d stayed there the whole time, but apparently not. They’d been to the pet store, which was very exciting. Especially the crabs. And the frogs with the red bellies. Oh yes.

They’d also been to Target.

To buy me a pretty white sundress.

We stopped at a 24-hour Walgreens to pick up my antibiotics. You’d think that when you’re the only customer in the store, and there are three people there behind the desk, they could fill your prescription in less than a half hour. I guess not.

Those of you who live in La Mirada have no idea how lucky you are to live near the Rex-All at Rosecrans and Valley View.

It was 11:00 by the time we finally got home, and Andy had to leave for work at 4:30 in the morning. It was quite a mad scramble for bed.

When I got up this morning, I realized with dismay that I’d forgotten to transfer the carseats back into the van. No park trip today.

Except there they were. All buckled in and everything. The diaper bag was there too.
I have the best husband in the world.

4 comments:

BSumner said...

awwwwwww... yes... he is the greatest, I agree.

Ashley said...

I always love to hear a good husband story.

Miranda said...

Wow...you're right, he really takes the cake. Mine can be second best, (at least for today).

Ruthie said...

Yes, his love language is definitely service! What a blessing!