6.12.2006

Scattered

My mind is scattered in a million different directions, running full force in each of them.

It really has been a productive day so far. All sorts of matron-of-honor stuff. Much planning, much coordinating of schedules. Everything is tidily organized and falling into place.

Except for my own mind, and the day at hand.

I feel like a warehouse, not terribly overfull, but entirely lacking in shelving. I can't put two words together into a coherent sentence without tripping over all the clutter scattered through my mind.

I just put the boys down for a quiet time, and I'm nursing Tembo down for a nap.

Then I'm going to take a shower, read a few Psalms, and sit down to map out the rest of the afternoon.

But maybe I should put in the pizza dough first.

Because if I've learned anything from this morning, it's that you really musn't let details like that slip through the cracks.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Isn't that the truth! Right when you think you're almost on top of things, some long-forgotten detail comes back to mind and you need to do it. . . like food.

:)

Elena said...

Yeah... food.

=/