1.03.2007

Catching up.

Okay, so it's been a while.

See, I've had a Christmas post brewing in my head for quite some time now, but I've been too busy with, well, Christmas. And the longer I waited, the longer the post grew... and the likelihood of it ever making it here shrunk substantially.

And by now, all I really want to post about is the absurd placement of drug store copy machines. Copy machines and automatic door sensors really should not go together. Especially if the automatic door in question has a very, very powerful fan. Frustrates customers to no end. Perhaps that is the whole point, given that the copy machine and door are both located right next to the ice cream counter... but the whole thing was a no-win situation, because as badly as I wanted some ice cream to make up for the copy experience, there was nobody behind the counter.

Anyway, today I decided that I was just going to have to bite the bullet, admit to myself that I never was going to write that Christmas post, and write something else.

Which really is quite a bummer, since it would have been such jolly fun to tell you all about Christmas shopping with toddlers, and about how very elegant our toddler-proof tree looked, adorned so simply with a single strand of pearly white lights and tiny silver balls tied on with red ribbon bows, and about how Nathan thought this was grand indeed, and attempted to do his part by tying his shoes onto branches... And I did so want to entitle a post "Yes, Virginia, there is a Martha Stewart, but thank God Christmas isn't about her."

Ah well, maybe next year I'll be able to have my Christmas and blog it too. In the meantime, I hope your Christmas was merry and bright. Ours certainly was.

And blessings throughout the year to come, to you and yours!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The best thing I ever purchased was the copy machine that resides on my desk at home!