Last night as I was looking over this week's grocery sale mailers, thoroughly bedecked with gushing hearts and flowers, it occurred to me that there are two sorts of minor holidays. There are some holidays that people may or may not splurge for, such as Labor Day, and Superbowl Sunday. In honor of those occasions, the grocery stores coax their customers into celebratory moods with specially low prices.
Other holidays, on the other hand, automatically induce splurging, all of their own accord. And so it is that the stores celebrate Valentines Day by gouging us all.
Can't you just feel the love?
2.11.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Is this a complaint? --mom
It is. And alas, rather a cleverer one than the video dilemma, I think. But I've shot my wad. Ah, well. $200 isn't bad, even if there's little hope for the thousand.
Post a Comment