- There's a huge pile of clean laundry, and an even bigger pile of dirty laundry. Eliminating one or both is tremendously urgent, because it's only a matter of time before the two become one and start to reproduce.
- I am bound and determined to have dinner on the table, kids hands washed and everything, all ready to sit down the moment Andy walks in the door.
My biggest project of the day, however is:
3. Cutting teeth.
I'm actually only facilitating the cutting of Isaiah's teeth. Teething is hard work, and it goes a lot better with your arms around mom's neck. Which thrills my soul... and also makes it very difficult to accomplish any of my other tasks.Like cutting September's teeth.
Yes, you heard me right. I am cutting my daughter's teeth. Tembo's philosophy is that teething is hard work, and it goes a lot better when mom does it for you. So here I sit, massaging her gums, trying to coax that recalcitrant tooth out, while my little one gazes up at me beatifically.
And what am I to get out of all this hard work? A tooth. In my nursling daughter's mouth.
Ouch.
Thus I spent a good deal of time wondering how in the world I was going to escape the ineveitable body art. The custom-texturized tummy-skin is quite enough of a statement. I don't need my nipple pierced.
I find it rather ironic that the child who actually went ahead and bit me there is neither teething nor nursing.
He had absolutely no shadow of an excuse.
I, on the other hand, had quite an excellent excuse to exile him to his room for a very long time-out.
Allowing me to give my full attention to Tembo's tooth.

No comments:
Post a Comment