3.14.2007

WFMW: Cranberry Juice

I don't know about you, but we have a really hard time drinking enough water around here.

Or at least we did.

Did you know that at Trader Joes, you can get a 32 oz. jar of pure cranberry juice for 4 bucks?

Not cranberry juice cocktail, which is really mostly sugar water, but real, live cranberry juice--not from concentrate!

Of course nobody wants to drink straight cranberry juice straight, but adding just a little bit to your water makes it scrumptious and refreshing. It's sort of like lemon water, only much, much better. Even the kids love it.

And since we dilute it about 20/1, it really isn't that expensive.

Cheap, yummy, vitamin-filled hydration that doesn't rot the teeth?

Definitely works for me!

6 comments:

Mrs. Speckperson said...

Trader Joes is one of the best things in life. I am so sad that we do not have one near us (closest is 3 hours away). I always stock up when I go to one. Now I know to locate my next move based on where there is a Trader Joes!!

Elena said...

Every time I go to TJs, I wonder why in the world I ever buy anything anywhere else.

Like peanut butter! It's half as expensive as skippy or jif, and is actually made of ground peanuts, as opposed to peanut flavored shortening...

Best store ever.

Ashley said...

I agree that TJ's is wonderful. Just being in that store inspires me to eat better. It has become a weekly stop.

MirCat said...

WOW--someone else who discovered the pure cranberry juice at TJ's. Having done extensive research, I can say that TJ's is the ONLY place I've found pure cranberry juice in Southern CA. And yes, the dilution is a must! :) I tried drinking it undiluted, and it was so extremely acidic that I felt like I'd had a chemical peel on the inside of my mouth and throat. Another plus--pure cranberry juice is absurdly low-calorie!

Elena said...

You can also get it at Henry's, but I wouldn't recommend it. Much lower quality, and twice as expensive.

Elena said...

You can also get it at Henry's, but I wouldn't recommend it. Much lower quality, and twice as expensive.