3.20.2007

Wow!

Well, our neighborhood CVS/Pharmacy (what's up with the "/" anyway?) doesn't have an Albertsons after all. What it does have is amazing prices.

Every other item is tagged with a special "WOW!" tag, highlighting a particularly daring and astonishing sale price.

Like store brand baby wipes for $3.99.

And that truly is amazing, because at Target, they would cost $1.78.

The Dreyers ice cream for $5.99 is a little less impressive--it can be pretty expensive at other stores, too. But I will give them some credit, because that really is on the upper limit of the price range. And right now it's going for $3 at Gigante.

I can't help but admire the sheer audacity of their strategy.

And when I run out of diapers in the middle of the night, I can't help but shop there.

3 comments:

slowlane said...

I have so many complaints about CVS. Every time I go in there I think "Last time I was just exceptionally unlucky, I bet I can find what I am looking for today." I am always wrong. When the one by my house first opened, they had the option on the bottom of every receipt to call in and give them comments. Boy, did I. They don't have that option any more, and every time I come out, I want to call them and complain.

Elena said...

Once, the checkout lady gave me particularly bad service, and then urged me to call in with my comments for a chance to win a sweepstakes. She told me that you have a better chance of winning if you punch in fives.

Ummm... right.

MirCat said...

lol! I've found that the only good "specials" at cvs are in the make-up aisle. Apparently, if something doesn't sell, they mark it down heavily, in hopes that it will...I've gotten $4-$7 lipstick for under $2, etc. They also have really nice "last chance" bins, if you have the time to paw thru a bunch of stuff.