2.14.2007

My first attempt at patchwork



This was a LOT of fun to make.

4 comments:

S.J. Palmer said...

Amazing! I love it.

Elena Johnston said...

Thanks! =)

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Wow, that is really neat! I love how the pattern looks random, but the result somehow looks carefully planned. It is beautiful.

How did you find time to do this???

Elena Johnston said...

In bits and snatches. =)

I have my sewing machine permanently set up in our room, and whenever I need a break, I duck back there, and it takes me about one minute to cut out and add on another piece.

And I emerge refreshed and invigorated. It's great!

I haven't heard of anybody doing "crazy quilt" type piecing within a limited color scheme, but since it doesn't require a highly organized overall plan, it's really easy to start and stop with. In fact, it's actually easier when I start and stop, because I come with a fresh eye for every piece, and so I don't end up repeating the same angles senselessly.