1.09.2008

Long time, no see.

It's been a while, and I apologize.

Folks keep asking me what happened to my blog.

Christmas break happened.

We had a lovely time as a family, a cozy quiet Christmas, a spectacular neighborhood fireworks display for New Years, and delightful trips to the zoo and children's museum.

And oh, it was wonderful, with Dadders around and doing so much around the house and with the kids, I actually had time to string a few thoughts together. Oh the bliss! I'd almost forgotten just how much I like thinking.

Which should have translated into lots of blogging, except that it was Christmastime, and although I wished I had all sorts of Christmassy thoughts, I just didn't. I was thinking about politics, and energy crises, and economics, and wars and rumors of wars, etc. etc. etc.

And that's not what I wanted my blog to be about--not at Christmastime, anyway. It was bad enough that I was yammering my husband's ear off. No need to disturb your holidays too.

But now the wise men have come before the Christ Child, laying down their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh, and the star is tucked away in a box in the garage.

'Tis the season for politics.

So don't say you haven't been warned.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm glad you are back. We missed you.